Apple crumble is a yummy dessert which can be easily prepared in no time. Tastes delicious if savoured warm. It makes an excellant hot and cold two in one dessert when served along with ice cream.
Fresh and firm apples - 2
Lime juice - 2 drops
Sugar - 2tbsps ( or 3tbsps if you have a sweet tooth )
Cinnamon powder - 1/2 tsp
Plain flour - 4 tbsps
Butter - 2 tbsps
1. Wash, core and dice the apples with the peel intact.
2. Mix the diced apples with lime juice.
3. Mix half the quantity of sugar and 1/4 tsp of cinnamon powder with the apple.
4. Line an oven proof dish with this fruit mixture.
5. Mix plain flour with the remaining sugar and cinnamon powder.
6. Rub in cold butter into the flour mixture till it resembles bread crumbs.
7.Shower the apple mixture evenly with the flour crumbs.
8. Bake in a pre heated oven for 25 minutes at 180 degrees C. Time to switch off the oven when you get a pleasant aroma of cooked apple.